Youth completing grades 8 through 12 and adults are invited to join PPC for a week of service. We travel to a different location each summer to serve others and grow in our faith.
Past/Upcoming Mission Trips
- 2018 Raleigh, North Carolina (View the BLOG)
- 2017 Hampden, West Virginia (View the BLOG)
- 2016: Hazard, Kentucky (View the BLOG)
- 2015: Athens, Ohion (View the BLOG)
- 2014: Bayville, New Jersey (View the BLOG)
- 2013: Hazard, Kentucky (View the BLOG)
- 2012: Oak Hill, West Virginia
- 2011: Hammond, Indianan
- 2010: Wilmington, North Carolina
- 2009: Elmira, New York
- 2008: Shelby, Michigan
- 2007: Oak Hill, West Virginia
- 2006: Lockport, New York
- 2005: Briston, Tennessee
- 2004: Canton, Ohio
- 2003: Fountain, Colorado
- 2002: Jacksonville, North Carolina
- 2001: Smithers, West Virginia
- 2000: Kinston, North Carolina
- 1999: Greenville, Michigan
Additionally, PPC supports each of the following national organizations.
This national non-profit is dedicated to finding effective biological treatments, prevention, and a cure for autism and related disorders. Since its founding, Autism Speaks has committed nearly $39 million in research, the establishment and ongoing support of the Autism Genetic Resource Exchange, and numerous outreach and awareness activities aimed at families, physicians, governmental officials, and the general public. Each year PPC members participate either as runners or walkers to support the local Potomac Cure Autism Now 5K run and 1-mile walk since its inception in 2001, raising critical dollars for autism research.
Komen Race for the Cure
The Komen National Race is one of more than 100 5K runs/fitness walks in its signature program, the Komen Race for the Cure Series. The largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, the Komen Race Series raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrating breast cancer survivorship and honoring those who lost their battle with the disease. A PPC team has participated in this race for many years. It is always an inspirational day for all of our participants.
The Young Adult Volunteer program is a one year service opportunity for young adults from 19 to 30 years. YAVs live in Christian community, deepening and developing their faith while serving in communities of need.